About Me

My name is Sherik Vitulli Butler. I have an Early Childhood/Elementary degree from the University of South Alabama. Before staying home to raise a family, I taught kindergarten for two years and second grade for five years at O'Rourke Elementary in Mobile, AL. I believe education today is on the verge of transforming into something completely different than what our culture is use to. With technology growing at an exponential rate our education system must not only adapt to technology, but learn to incorporate it in every day classrooms. As a teacher I want to embrace technology, and view it as a vital tool that has the power to enhance my students educational experience.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Network Learning

Network Learning is based on something called connectivism.
As a future teacher I believe that learning can take place through all different kind of social networks, connections, and ties between people. These connections between other people are made possible by technology tools, and by having these different ties with people it is supposed to strengthen the learning process for that student. Students can research information others have already posted on a topic, learn from others experiences, blog about their own opinions, and talk to others online about their thoughts. I think this type of teaching is an amazing opportunity for students to be more independent in ways, but also to be exposed to opportunities they would never have in traditional schooling. Networked schooling teaches the importance of not only technology, but the vitality of connections with people. It shows just how much we can inspire and teach one another, and be pro active with learning. I think network learning creates a way for students to be inspired and self motivated, not just going through the motions of learning.I also think networked learning will inspire students to get more involved in the classroom, and I believe this new type of learning could be a vital tool in our classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment