About Me

My name is Sherik Vitulli Butler. I have an Early Childhood/Elementary degree from the University of South Alabama. Before staying home to raise a family, I taught kindergarten for two years and second grade for five years at O'Rourke Elementary in Mobile, AL. I believe education today is on the verge of transforming into something completely different than what our culture is use to. With technology growing at an exponential rate our education system must not only adapt to technology, but learn to incorporate it in every day classrooms. As a teacher I want to embrace technology, and view it as a vital tool that has the power to enhance my students educational experience.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Active Learning

I believe that students should be active learners in the classroom, and they should have the opportunity to not only learn from their teachers, but also through others. Through incorporating technology into classrooms, students become more independent to learn for themselves. For example, I would use Digital cameras in the classrooms with projects so children can actually see and understand what they are learning. Also, allow students to download and upload homework and projects so they can access it at all times. I believe classrooms do not always have to be traditional, with pens, paper, and a chalk board, but can be transformed into a place where children are engaged and learning actively through computers, internet, and blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment